Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It's The Most Wonderful Tiiiiiime of the Yeeear

Besides Comedy Festival time of course :)

Gymnastics Australia are going all out this year, *really* plugging Nationals on their website because it's an Olympic year. I quite like the promotional poster:




although I do have two small criticisms.

1) Shouldn't it read "...male and female artistic gymnasts"? I know that they respectively practise Men's Artistic Gymnastics and Women's Artistic Gymnastics but I 'unno. The grammar seems a bit confusing to me. And that white strip really skews the photo, I must say!

2) This will be an audience drawcard because everyone ASSUMES the final AA standings = Olympic team when really, there will be a second trial closer to August. But hey, good on them for getting some excitement generated anyway. They might actually have to open the other side of the arena this year.

To paraphrase the Supre-clad teen on my train this afternoon: I am SO there.

***ETA: Dasha's thoughts on that dastardly dislocated digit, plus her hopes for the upcoming Pacific Rim Championships have been published here (and note who's credited under the photo of her at the Friendship Classic!!!) *^_^*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Dasha's writing is great. Although as a gym fan I'd love more information on how her skills are going (and the non-gym-fans probably would have liked her to mention the name of the meet she was at, hehe.) On an unrelated note, I love the Comedy Festival (how could people not?) And I'll be there. Yay for the other side of the arena! I hope the general public doesn't get too confused by the CoP.