Saturday, April 19, 2008

To Beijing or Not To Beijing?

Olivia Vivian's latest blog entry is up at last.


Now, given the recent news that she's signed on for NCAA eligibility, there was some speculation as to whether or not she'd be going for a Beijing spot. Well, by all accounts she must be. Good on her for keeping a positive outlook (I mean, sheesh! Inflamed shoulder tendon, forgetting her passport, bars crashes, sickness... this girl's having a run of bad luck). Anyway, all signs point to Trials:

...or I could go in, and pretend this comp was the Olympic Games. And in my opinion, nothing would stop me from competing if I were at the Games! Taking into consideration that I am a role model to the younger gymnasts in the gym, and a candidate for the Games, I grew some balls and went for it!


...And since 'down' isn't the correct pathway to Olympic trials, I wasn't going to take that route. I put myself in a pressure situation where I had to perform. Pretending this comp was the Olympics was a great way for me to set aside my problems and focus on my gymnastics.

No comments: