Friday, July 4, 2008

Eat, Drink and Be Mezzie

Why didn't anyone tell me!?

July 1 passed without me realising (with the exception of 'oh yeah, it's the new financial year') that this blog is now 6 MONTHS OLD!

Happy half-birthday, AGB!


Thanks to the people who've sent me, and continue to send me, feedback (particularly those from overseas), it has really meant a lot. I hope you all continue to be entertained and informed by this little page. I've enjoyed doing it and I hope you've all enjoyed reading it. I wouldn't be maintaining it if I didn't have such fun along the way. Since the New Year's Day launch, we've had a great run of events and results with international comps, Nationals and of course Olympic preparation. I hope to keep doing this well into the next competition season and beyond.

So now I have another milestone to celebrate today!

2 comments:

nonails5 said...

Hi, my name is Grace, i am in year six and i thought your message was very inspiring and its good that unlike many athletes you took your time to do it.
I'm doing a school project where i have to make a three course meal for a gymnast, i was wondering what do you normally drink apart from water. Can you ever have a bit of whine on say a fruit salad. Would this meal (you eating a salad with chicken cheese and lettuce, a seafood salad with chicken puffs (chicken and feta cheese wrapped in puff pastry) and a stuffed potato with vegetables and a fruit salad with whine on it) not an athlete’s meal at all or would you go way off your diet if you ate that.
Please reply my project is due soon.
Bye, Grace

Mez said...

Hello there, Grace.

I'm not actually a gymnast, so you might want to ask someone who has a bit more knowledge.

Try links at the website for the Australian Institute of Sport, or contact Gymnastics Australia. They might give you some information about how to contact a nutritionist who can help you with information about a gymnast's diet plan.

Good Luck!